Business Plan Development
Why This is Important to You
The success of your business depends largely on the decisions you make.
A business plan helps you allocate resources, set realistic goals and measure the success of your actions – quite simply, it helps you make good decisions the first time.
The business planning process forces you to take an objective, critical, unemotional look at your business in its entirety.
The completed plan communicates your company’s ideas and message to internal and external stakeholders including employees, possible investors, directors, and lenders in an organized and credible manner.
It enhances morale, as it is nearly impossible to motivate people when they do not know where they are going or what they are trying to achieve.
Whether you are an established practice or considering striking out on your own, it’s hard to overstate the need for a comprehensive business plan. Of course, this mandatory if you are seeking funding or any type of capital investment.
You’ve heard the proverbial cobbler’s kid has no shoes. Does the planner have no plan?
How We Work With You
We use a seven-step process to develop a fully customized business plan for our clients:
- Management interviews: In this step we collect your unwritten plans and ideas and begin to document them. We begin to create an effective “story” for the business plan.
- Strategic Market Research: We size the opportunity and the marketplace. We analyze competitors, market segments and buying patterns for those groups of clients you intend to target.
- Confirmation Stage: In this phase we provide you with a draft document designed to confirm that the plan is moving in the right direction relative to the information we have captured and the overall tone and focus of the document meets the clients wants and needs.
- Supplementary Research and Strategy Development: During this step we begin working on financial projections and refining the overall strategy based on the feedback we received during the confirmation stage. This phase also includes developing a communication plan for internal and external stakeholders.
- Draft Plan: We now provide you with a completed document with all of the key deliverables included in a comprehensive business plan.
- Review and Revise: In this phase we review the draft plan and incorporate all necessary revisions and refinements to prepare the final plan document.
- Finalize Plan: The final phase is providing you with a professional document that can be effectively used with your stakeholders.
What This Means For You
- An enhanced ability to raise capital, get a loan or otherwise increase investor interest.
- Clarity of vision that helps you better articulate your firm’s value proposition leading to an enhanced ability to acquire clients.
- Improved employee productivity and better morale .
- The improved ability to prioritize initiative, allocate resources to where they will be most effective and create competitive distinction - all leading to better business performance and more profits.
Who Will Help You
Thomas C. Kane, Founder and Chief Transformation Strategist
Why Kane Carlton
We help our wealth management clients make informed decisions by providing them with research, competitive intelligence, best practices and innovative, objective solutions designed to reduce costs, increase revenue and stay competitive. Yet, unlike pure consulting we pride ourselves on being on the field and in the game with you, focusing on implementing the work product we create.
We understand that the thin line separating a flourishing career from unemployment and a thriving franchise from a failed business is a combination of the decisions you make. So make your first decision the right decision—decide Kane Carlton.